Friday, July 13, 2012

Pinterest



Pinterest has been something that has really made my life so much easier. Let me tell you why. Instead of searching on multiple recipe boards for meal ideas I just go to ONE site. ONE.

Same with decor ideas. I was thinking about the best way to paint my mason jars so I searched on pinterest and VOILA. I had a variety of choices!

Pinterest can also be much like facebook a comparison thing for many. For me...MEH, I could care less NOW. But, I have many a friend who feel bogged down with not being able to keep up life with kids LET alone be crafty and learning to make a picture frame from old toilet paper rolls.

I Just love the quote above. It really sums it all up doesn't it?
It really is a balance with having to live a daily life and find time to do things you love. That might be the issue right there. As of a few months ago I was having a hard time finding things that I really loved to do BESIDES going grocery shopping by myself...lol...

Things for me? Hubs would often ask "What is something you'd like to do?, like a hobby". I had no freaking idea. I seemed to have been swallowed up by the HI, I"M A MOM brigade. That my kids were my one and only focus. I was slowly going insane and downhill.....fast....

THEN comparison came into play "why do other mom's have it all together?". "How does this person have time to train for a marathon", "Doesn't that mom feel guilty about spending weekend away learning how to cook from an amazing chef"?

It wasn't good. I really felt trapped and lost to be honest. I SO wanted to find me again. With that on top of comparing myself to these supermom's it was hard. As usual I just schlumped it off and away I went.

It was when I decided to take control of my weight and eating habits that things slowly came back into line. Funny how that works hey?
I became passionate about something again, I felt alive again, I felt motivated knowing that "I AM ACTUALLY DOING THIS"....not just saying it...or starting on Monday AGAIN!!!
Can I hear an AMEN?

My focus wasn't SOLEY 100%, 100% of the time on my kids. Maybe I wasn't going crazy after all? Maybe I can be my own self and still be 100% involved in their lives?

I think that little shift in focus really made a difference for me.

I also laugh my freaking butt off on pinterest. Those quotes with the ladies are so flippen hilarious. Also relatable



When I'm feeling blah about excersising or needing motivation guess where I go? You'll never guess....never...
PINTEREST

I have a few pictures and quotes that just about stick me with a knife to the gut. Amputee's just RIPPED and here I am complaining that its to hot out to run, or complaining that those last few squats really were hard. seriously.



If you follow me on pinterest take a peek at my exersise boards.....I want to print them all off and keep all over my house. Holy motivation. Somedays that is all I need. My own butt to be kicked by some silly QUOTE....it works for me.

Also I love pinterest for the fashion or ideas. I can be REALLY clueless with fashion. Especially brown shoes...don't ask

And hairstyles...and the step by step. SOO helpful.

Anyways...enough about my love for pinterest BUT it also can be quite the time waster. SO, as usual I set the timer on the microwave so I know when my time is done. We all know 10 minutes on facebook or pinterest could easily be an hour. YIKES! I have no "time" for that....bahhahah!!

LOVE LOVE
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment