So do you ever feel like there are 8 bazillion gillion different ways to lose weight? Tips/advice.... AND then you have to figure out what works best for you and your body? It is so mind boggling I can barley wrap my mind around it.
I was enjoying for 5 minutes of peace (going pee...but for an extra long time BECAUSE I can) and started thinking about this.
I can say I actually at times went on the computer and just typed in weight loss with a pleading heart that PLEASE...let something pop out.
Can someone PLEASE tell me what to do?
I needed direction, I needed to know what I need to do to lose weight? How hard can it be.? Everyone seems to know but me?.....I only usually heard about the BAD things about certain diets. SO frustrating. Mad me feel more frustrated about myself.
When I started my 12 week challenge I had REALLY no idea what I was going to do. All I knew was I was going to use My Fitness Pal and track EVERYTHING I ate. Everything. everything.
Low and behold I was eating an ENORMOUS amount of calories a day. I was following weight watcher which I have had success with (10lbs...here and there). I quickly figured out what I was eating for weight watchers were the BAD choices..lol...I think weight watchers is FAB...and have a great friend who only uses it. BUT my choices I made for my daily points were pretty much ALL carbs...lol..Oh dear...I really didn't pay TO much attention to it....clearly.
Anyways SO My Fitness Pal just helped me understand calories and how much was in what. Withing a few weeks I got the hang of it....so easy! I haven't used it for a while because you get to know what to eat. BUT it REALLY helped me. I didn't have to read a book, or fill out a form, or pay $$.
I gave it a try. its a good basic to know WHAT you are putting into your body. All recorded for you.
It also includes excersising SO that deducts your calories for the day. SO its simple math. Calories in vs Calories out.
Its started to come off...mmmmm..strange.
There are little tips here and there that I learned from friends and asking a million questions BUT all in all. basics.
I know something as simple as hormones can throw things off BUT get them checked!!!. Don't just assume you have thyroid problems because you can't lose weight? That was me. i just assumed. BUT to lazy and scared to go to the doctor. FOR THE EXACT reason that he'd tell me it was nothing. How shameful I would feel. I was so scared.
Its confusing trying to weed through all the media/magazines/experts....BUT the choice is yours to still investigate and give something a chance right? Not sure why everything has to be so confusing? I wish there was ONE way to lose weight and it would just require hard work and dedication. Makes me sad thinking of the millions who were so lost like I was....its not right!
In this day and age the TO MUCH info is a major roadblock for many and was for myself. Just bugs me.
Enjoy your day!!!
LOVE LOVE
Jen

No comments:
Post a Comment