We've had a lot of tears in this house the last few days as Sophie is finishing preschool and has been BEGGING for us to buy her "Blueberry" the special bear that each kid gets to bring home before their special day.
One of her teachers who she just loves. Is an author and writes childrens books. Her last book was a book about a bear named Blueberry. Well, the kids just loved it and she ended up making little stuffed bears that all the kids just adore.
For 2 years now Sophie has been bringing Blueberry home with her for her special days and Grace just wants to SOOO bad hold him or play with him but her is NEVER far from Sophie's clutches...lol...
She has had the odd time playing with him BUT I can see in her sad eyes she just wants to be part of the excitement in playing with a special Blueberry.
She has had the odd time playing with him BUT I can see in her sad eyes she just wants to be part of the excitement in playing with a special Blueberry.
This year was the LAST year for many of Sophie's friends of ever coming back to see the teachers. Most of Sophie's friends are the youngest SOOO they wont have siblings coming in September. Needless to say MANY of her friends all got Blueberry to take home. WELL, you could just imagine that sad, hurt look on her face. She truely is a bit heartbroken.
My reasoning behind NOT buying her a Blueberry is A) She doesn't need every toy in the world that everyone and their DOG has and B) This coming September GRACE gets to have her shining moment bringing home Blueberry for all of us to ohhhhh and ahhhh over. I can just about see Grace's face now. So proud of herself, So happy she FINALLY gets to have Blueberry to herself. For Grace this is just about going to be the best day on earth when she is FINALLY allowed to take him home. And Sophie's reaction to how cool it is to see Blueberry again will make it all worth it.
Am I wrong here? Kinda feel like the MEAN mom (what else is knew) BUT really, I do think this is the right thing to do. My gut is 99% right.
I'm thinking once Grace gets a good few special days with Blueberry then maybe for their birthday's next year they will get their own bears? Or Christmas?
I'm thinking once Grace gets a good few special days with Blueberry then maybe for their birthday's next year they will get their own bears? Or Christmas?
Hope won't really understand yet and I"m sure by the time Hope's in school there will be a new COOL special friend.
I was just talking with a good friend of mine about LIFE. How it is NOT easy. There are hard days and there are great days.
BUT I'm a firm believer that there are things you can do in your daily day to day to make your life and your families life SOOOOO much easier. just to take the stress off of everyday life.
For me this looks like: Meal planning, keeping the house somewhat tidy and de-cluttered, clean house, made beds, dinner prepped when I get a chance, prep for school the next day, ME getting up early to get ready. BLAH BLAH BLAH!!
BUT I'm a firm believer that there are things you can do in your daily day to day to make your life and your families life SOOOOO much easier. just to take the stress off of everyday life.
For me this looks like: Meal planning, keeping the house somewhat tidy and de-cluttered, clean house, made beds, dinner prepped when I get a chance, prep for school the next day, ME getting up early to get ready. BLAH BLAH BLAH!!
This requires me NOT sitting around literally ALLL day. If I do sit it is to read a book while the sauce is simmering OR building a lego fort while the chicken is in the oven. Its hard work and totally exhausting BUT my day to day life just flows well. THose little things ALL make my life easier. When I have other "stresses" like family issues, or whatever its just one less thing I'm not having heart palpitations over.
When life gets hard we need to suck it up and CARRY ON...especially as mom's we have NO CHOICE!! I read a quote somewhere just recently that said "Being a parent means you give up the word SELFISH" If things need to get done for my kid.....like prep for her new school, taking the time (though frustrating at times) teaching them how to read, write, learn, Even little silly things that take SO much time but NEED to get done. It gets done.
Not to say I have completley forgotten about "ME" AT ALL....but, right now, as my children are as little as they are they require a lot from me. So, I will do my journalling, go for my runs, chill with a book, go out with friends when they are IN BED.
Its a balance. Everything seems to be actually! Even excersising. MAN, such a balance.
Anyway! Have an awsome day. Enjoy this sun that is SOOOO needed. Slow down today. Breathe. Be thankful.
LOVE LOVE
Jen
Not to say I have completley forgotten about "ME" AT ALL....but, right now, as my children are as little as they are they require a lot from me. So, I will do my journalling, go for my runs, chill with a book, go out with friends when they are IN BED.
Its a balance. Everything seems to be actually! Even excersising. MAN, such a balance.
Anyway! Have an awsome day. Enjoy this sun that is SOOOO needed. Slow down today. Breathe. Be thankful.
LOVE LOVE
Jen
Have a wonderful day
LOVE LOVE
Jen
Jen

No comments:
Post a Comment