It's funny. I get comments all the time about how I look. It's very odd. They wonder how I have time to do my hair, makeup and put on accessories with 3 small children. I tell them truthfully that I get up before everyone else and take the 1/2 hour or so with a nice hot cup of coffee, my iphone bible app, and away I go. I enjoy it. I enjoy looking nice.
How do you feel when you are wearing your favorite outfit? or shoes? or just got your hair done? Same thing. You just feel great. For me it has NOTHING to do about what others think..at all..UGH! its about how It makes me feel. I am so much more productive, and have a skip in my step.
Don't get me wrong. I have days where I am FULL ON SHLUMPADINK.......ratty pants that are 3 sizes to big, no bra, no makeup, hair in greasy bun. Those are my home days and I love those days. I would never ever ever leave the house like that....ever....
Actually, I have before and about 80% of the time I run into people I know.....good Lord. WHYYYYY???
Well, I do leave the house in my slippers OFTEN...so I can't really talk...lol..
Not sure where I got this from as my mom dropped us off at school in her jammies everyday! I was so embarressed. Mmmm....maybe that is why?...lol.
All I know is I love looking nice and put together. Maybe its just the cute girl part in me coming out. BUT it takes work and a sacrifice on my part to take that time for "ME" - just me. Which is few and far between these days.
I know it isn't for everyone BUT give it a try. I can guarentee you your husband will notice :)
I think as a society way too much emphasis is placed on looks for not the right reasons. Or looking nice for the attention or affirmation of others which is crazy!
Good ole fashioned taking a moment to "Freshen Up" is the way to go.
GIVE IT A TRY!!
Enjoy your day
LOVE LOVE
Jen
Jen

No comments:
Post a Comment