Have you ever given? Whether it be extrvagantley, spending "Time" with someone or something as simple as a nice handwritten note. It just does something to a heart. Actually BOTH hearts. We give regularly at our church, missions and sponsor kids which is great BUT I'm taking over and above the norm.
The very 1st time I paid for someones coffee behind me in a drive-thru line up. OHHHH MYYY I was so nervous...clammy hands, heart beating, "what do I say?", "what do I do?", "Do I wave at the person behind me?", "Do I just wait for them?". EEEKKK! it was stressful. I did it anyways and just drove off. Thinking maybe they'd follow me and chase me down so that kinda scared me. Bahahah!!
NOPE, none of the above happened. It was super chill. Paid. Drove off with a HUGE smile. The feeling I had in my heart was unexplainable. . . THEN, it gets addicting. Giving without the other person knowing who it was OR not telling anyone. Its just a heart thing.
Have you been on the other end of random act of kindness before? It just stuns you. I've had my coffee paid for before in line and literally you just sit there for a few seconds trying to soak it all in...then you just kinda laugh because its so odd. THEN you start to look around and think "Where is this person? I need to thank them...." Its hilarious. There is NO WAY that if someone bought you a coffee or paid for your meal you would NOT smile or just burst out crying. Its impossible. That heart swell feeling of another human just loving/blessing you for NO REASON is so RAW. Its crazy. Automatically you start a chain reaction and go bless someone else because you feel so good.
Its just an amazing thing. I saw something on facebook the other day that said "You haven't lived till you give to someone that they could never pay you back" (along those lines anyways) OHH..my heart just lept. I so want to be the person to do this to others OR pay for their whole meal, or help them with a mortgage payment when things are tough *sob*
Just kills me.
It will come! I know. For now its just little things BUT LOOOK OUT!!
Makes me smile
LOVE LOVE
JEN
Its just an amazing thing. I saw something on facebook the other day that said "You haven't lived till you give to someone that they could never pay you back" (along those lines anyways) OHH..my heart just lept. I so want to be the person to do this to others OR pay for their whole meal, or help them with a mortgage payment when things are tough *sob*
Just kills me.
It will come! I know. For now its just little things BUT LOOOK OUT!!
Makes me smile
LOVE LOVE
JEN

No comments:
Post a Comment