I started drinking Rooibos tea when I was working at Spa Utopia. We had an educator come in and go over the benefits of this tea. I was floored because I had been drinking green tea for as long as I can remember because of the high antioxidant levels. WELLLLLL......Rooibos tea had 50 times the antioxidants that green tea does....FIFTY!!! Do you know how great that is for your skin and body??? Eeeep! I give this to my kids year round and we drink it cold with lemon in the summer...OOHHH MAN!!! The one from superstore is fantastic. I was paying close to $10 a box until I found this one. I think its $2.99. Tastes amazing and for that price and how much I drink it....well worth it. AND a good friend of mine from South Africa gave this to her babies in a bottle when they were young almost 20 years ago. CRAZY!!
Here is a link that lists the health benefits of Rooibos.http://www.montegotea.com/benefits.htm
*Do you know what antioxidants do? and how they work in your body?* Mmmmmm, that would make a great post.
I'm a BIG fan of Trader Joes. The sea salt (which I use as our everyday salt) is so good. This big bottle is $1.99 I think. IT's NUTS the price. Also, I had heard about this 21 seasoning salute from a few people and everytime I went in it was sold out.....UGH! So, finally I got one and Ohhhhh my! I use it on everything. Chicken, roasted potatoes (the best), beef, fish, I mixed it in sourcream for dip (Mmmmmm). Its delish!
My epicure fish seasoning I cannot live without and my Italian seasoning I also cannot live without. These 4 items I use ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the time :)k
Hello my gorgeous coffee press! Oh how I adore you! Have you ever had pressed coffee? Well, I can tell you I was a skeptical at 1st. Then once I tried it...YOWSA! It gives it such a smooooth taste and just a boldness that you cannot get with a coffeemaker. YUM! We also buy our coffee every 2 weeks from Costco. Our favorite is the Costa Rican blend. Bold and fabulous! I grind it fresh right at Costco so when I unzip the bag to scoop out my grounds the smell is like heaven. **SNIFFFFF**
I also love fun mugs. This particular morning the kids woke up in a funk so I chose a HAPPY mug....bhahahah!
So, with my 12 week challenge I do not cheat at all. EVER. I don't mess around. BUT...I do allow myself one cheat dinner a week. By a cheat meal....I MEAN A CHEAT MEAL! A few I've had so far are homeade fully loaded nachos, burgers with all the fixings, and this particular night...... POUTINE. OH poutine, how wonderful are you?
I've figured out If I can make my favorite cheat meals I'm saving myself a good 300 calories or so and then I can GO crazy!
When I was eating this poutine..near the end I could literally feel my eyes closing and my body fading away. It was like a drug....I'm serious! I felt like I was going to die for a good hour, then I drank a ton of water and did some cleaning to keep me moving and I felt better. MEH, I figure if I can give my body a good shock once a week. I'm good to go ;)
Hope you enjoyed a few things I love!
Love Love
\Jen
Fun stuff - I had never heard about that spice at Trader Joes...I was just there....it was a nut house - but next time I'll look for it! Yay for sharing these, love it! Xo*S
ReplyDelete