Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mrs Ingalls

Anyone else open their eyes in the morning and that second it's like a whirlwind of thoughts/things that need to get done/ideas/emotions come into play?


I tend to......ok, ok......I AM that type of person that has everything ready and laid out for the next day before I head to bed. Coffee maker on and set for 6:15, dishwasher on, house tidy, clothes all laied out for myself and the kids, diaper/purse/snack/everything bag packed, snack packed for preschool and Ry's lunch ready to go....I could go on! Its crazy.


It makes my mornings go SOOO smooth! I'm not stressed in the least and I'm not rushing around like a mad fool. In the morning I can get extra things done like unload the dishwasher, throw in a load of laundry and get whatever we are having out and ready to thaw. I am also a happier mom....no yelling or getting frustrated with them. I like that. I like peace in my home!


Sometimes I think I over do this whole being organized thing and that I'm the only one that does this. The truth of the matter is .....THIS IS HOW I CAN FUNCTION .....with 3 small kids, getting everyone out of the house by 8:30. So, if it works for me then I need to just "shut up" my inside voice and carry on with life.
I do this and plan like this for whatever is happening for that particular day!


Another thing I've learned recently is heading home after I drop Sophie off at preschool saves us SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH $$...lol...
I used to just galavant around. Yes, I had errands to do BUT I'd get them done and go to the mall OR homesense OR value village OR...whatever. Its been really nice heading home and getting things done. Hope has a great 2 hour nap, Grace gets to do her special crafts without Sophie hovering over her...lol...and I get so much accomplished both at home and paperwork for Ryan.

What a revelation....bahahhah!! Staying home? what a concept. So old school!

I used to hate staying home as it was boring (am I a teenager?) and I wanted to do fun things (not that I don't now) BUT..... Guess what? I'm an adult, I need to suck it up...get things done around the house, maybe read a book *what?* and if I can save $$ to me its a NO brainer..lol...

I'm blessed to have 2 sets of grandparents still alive...both sets in there late 80's. I LOVE talking and the most listening to them and learning from them. GAH, I have so much to learn from my grandma and grandpa! SEWING, baking those special things from scratch, GARDENING...ahhh! Her garden is the most gorgeous garden know to man kind.
NO ONE does this anymore! NO ONE....who the heck and I'm going to learn this from? GOOGLE?

When I was younger I took for granted the wisdom of my grandparents NOW.......I feel like I don't have enough time to learn everything. I want my girls to learn what I consider the BASICS of life...hhheelellooooo how did we lose these skills? and so quickly? I'd love to be Mrs Ingalls from Little House on the Prairie!
We are getting lazier and lazier.........not impressed! One of the qualities of a man I always looked for is someone who worked as hard as my dad and my grandparents. Both in the yard/work/life in general. Life is not easy!

I for one am NOT going to go along with life as a bump on a log. I'm going to LEARN, change, grow (which sucks sometimes) and TRY to live a life that is simple. Why is life so complicated sometimes? A lot of the time it is self-inflicted *talking to myself here*


Its time to grow up!
LOVE LOVE
Jen

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your organization skills...rub some off on me!! And I LOVE that all your grandparents are alive..that is rare at our age and soo nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm "mrs. Ingalls" there's something missing in your fam pic in comparison to the Ingalls fam pic......when will number 4 be arriving? LOL ...:)))

    ReplyDelete