Sheesh ca-biishka!! Where has all the common courtesy gone?
For the last few months I've encountered enough rude/selfish people to do a blog about it YET alone thinking to myself "Are these people new?"
One day....I'm sure soon, I'm going to say to look at someone with a very puzzled look on my face. "ARE YOU NEW?????"
Like really? Are you new to being a decent human being? Are you new to not saying the 1st thing that comes to your mind?
Are you new to not helping a mom with a newborn who you see is struggling with her bags of groceries in her hands and she can't find her keys in her purse?
Or the old grandma and grandpa's who can barely lift their groceries from their cart to the car? I live in Walnut Grove (old people capital of the world)
Now don't get me wrong. I'm no saint and my kids are by NO MEANS angels (ugh) and I bypass people often who need help. BUT if you have a spare minute and SEE it happening JUST DO IT! Just help. Just smile.
It breaks my heart
Can we all say please and thank you again? Don't we teach this and say it a million times to our kids DAILY? Can we make eye contact again? Can we speak to each other with respect.
AND for the love of a great bag of chips.....CAN WE think before we speak? Please? I beg you.
Thank you to the young ish lady who told Grace RIGHT in from of Sophie " Ohhh look at you....Aren't you are the pretty sister!!"
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thankfully Soph just smiled and I couldn't even move. Who says that?
And thank you to the old grandma who told me she feels so sorry for me that I have 3 kids. why would you want so many kids? I hope your not planning on having more?
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know its life. I know there are always a few eggs in the basket that are a little "cracked". I know these people might have just had a really bad day. Like maybe there pet squirrel got into the peanut butter jar again? Could happen....OR...Maybe you just spent $2000 on you vehicle and it broke down again?
BUT SURELY, I'm hoping, I'm praying, that this new generation that I am currently raising and the majority of my friends are raising is going to be a decent one?
Please.
LOVE a concerned mom who is tired of saying "Those people are just learning" to her kids!
I need to add these last two as I LAUGHED SOOOO HARD!!
OK OK...I can see it! Really. Some of you are rolling your eyes!!! I can see it. Don't be ashamed! Bahhaha!!
I know its not the norm NOR something that is realistic everyday! BUT I love being well dressed. I love looking nice. I feel better. This is just me though. Take it or leave it.
I can barely type this...bahhahahahha!! I'm laughing so hard. When Ryan and I first got married we would grocery shop together (So precious..lol..) and if the cart return thing was 5 miles away I would just leave it OR prop it up on the curb. So bad. I got so mad at him when he'd say "Your really not going to take it back?"
FINE..I'd say and grumble under my breath and return the stupid thing. lol.
NOW, that is me who happily returns it. I always return it. Even in the rain/snow/wind/5 miles away. It is irritating still. BUT I know its the right thing to do and its not going to kill me to take 1 minute of my life to return the stupid cart.
I laugh often at myself when I can still feel myself so irritated returning it in the rain. One minute.
I laugh often at myself when I can still feel myself so irritated returning it in the rain. One minute.
LOVE LOVE
Jen





Oh my... so true!!! I cant believe people said those things to you. I was driving home from church yesterday and some pedestrian fingered me because hubby turned on a yellow {with the turning advance}. I seriously shook my head and wondered what his poor mother would think. I HOPE my kids are considerate. Yikes!
ReplyDelete