DRIVES ME " NUTS"
The majority of people do not know that a peanut is NOT in the same family as an almond,cashew,pistachio,hazelnut
A peanut is technically a LEGUME!! a BEAN...part of the bean family. A peanut is grown in the ground. In the dirt.
I am allergic to TREE NUTS..aka...real nuts!!!..lol..
Almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, pistachio's
I grew up eating nuts up until I was in my late 20's. It wasn't until I was eating almonds EVERYDAY at the spa that I realized my puffy lips were a problem???
I would only really eat nuts here and there AND at christmas. I was eating WAY more than normal all of a sudden and I was wondering WHY my lips felt puffy. I went to the allergist and SURE enough I was allergic to ALL tree nuts.
The peanut test was minimal to zero.
Not sure why "NUT free" Specifically peanuts are a concern in school?? I think it should be NO NUTS across the board. If I was a mom with a kid with SEVERE tree nut allergies I would be a bit more concerned as things without the "peanut free" label would worry me. Everything is peanut free?? ok, what about tree nuts??
Doesn't make sense to me?
ANYWAYYYSS long story to say I finally find a really good salad recipe only to find it has NUTS in it...almonds, walnuts. SOB SOB SOB! Remember I grew up eating nuts so I love them.....SOB
Ry found me an amazing salad mix from Costco. NO NUTS!!!!! yes......
For some reason this stinking picture wouldn't rotate! Has pumpkin seeds, cranberries and a poppy seed dressing. Super low calories. Easy peasy lunch.
Easy peasy lunches are GREAT!
How delish is this?....Bahhh!!
Some days I have NO time to eat at "normal" times! Eating is important! If you don't eat your metabolism CRASHES..therefore "EAT"...eat...eat...eat..
Chose WELL....Best bang for you buck..lol..
Super healthy in the shortest amount of time..lol..
I certainly dont' have time to enjoy every morsel and take my time to eat. Maybe when I'm retired.So I choose food to fuel my body properly.
I certainly dont' have time to enjoy every morsel and take my time to eat. Maybe when I'm retired.So I choose food to fuel my body properly.
It's a Christmas miracle if I remember to eat my breakfast on the way to school...lol..
Not cool.
Have a fab day!! I'm going to bed..its 8:43..lol..
LOVE LOVE
Jen
Jen




I think most schools are "Nut Free"...at least that's what I have experienced. Last year, it was "NO NUTS" and then the parents of the students with nut allergies said the tree nuts were fine, so they allowed the other nuts. Schools are quite careful with these types of things nowadays. Parents just need to talk to the principal and make them aware so that they can come up with a plan of action.
ReplyDeleteOur school is completely nut free...I don't mind it, as much as it's an easy protein that my kids will eat it really doesn't change what I send for snacks/lunch. In JJ's class there is a kid who is allergic to milk, nuts, seafood...which includes tuna, which is one of his favorite sandwiches to take for lunch. I know, tuna! BAH Ha HA!
ReplyDelete