Friday, July 27, 2012

Just go play!!



Am I alone here?
Flip man! There are days where my kids are outside alllllll day and have a blast. Other days its like I'm sending them out to go play at an accounting office. REALLY?
They have a backyard with a trampoline, little climbing thing with slide, dirt pile....everything.

I understand NOW how irritating it is when my kids are bored OR  don't want to go play outside. I can still see my mom's face when she would RE SEND us outside to play.

To me its not up to discussion. You are going outside to play. DONE.
No you can't come in and pee or poo for the 1000th time (nice try), no you don't need your special hat with the flower on it, no you don't need another glass of water to go with the 10,000 you just drank a minute ago, no you don't need ....no, no, no.

JUST GO PLAY

I've learned ( I'm so smart) to not play into their game. NOT get frazzled and get into a "I am your mom, I'm the boss mood". I just calmly tell them "Time to go outside" 5 MILLION TIMES.

or I give them a heads up. After snack you are all going out to play...FYI!

I know kids will be kids but its just something that makes me laugh.
I also am one to not put them in a zillion activities in the summer. Just spend time with them, walks, beach, spray parks....geesh, we live in the most beautiful place on earth. Maybe that is why?? we are out and about doing fun stuff the last thing they want to do is go back outside or all they want to do is go do fun things...bahhaha!!

JUST GO PLAY

Have a great day
LOVE LOVE
JEN



1 comment:

  1. ugh, I so feel you on this one...it happens around our place too! I say go out and play or go have a nap, it usually works ;)

    ReplyDelete