Monday, July 30, 2012

I'm training for the Olympics

My hubs and I were watching a bit of the qualifying track and field events for the Olympics. As I was watching these incredible athletes I was thinking about how hard they have worked their whole lives for really a few "short seconds" on the track. Its pretty cool.

Also thinking what it would be like to train 24/7 to be a top athlete. To have that consume your thoughts and have a winning mind space all the time. That takes major focus and dedication.

Hip hip hooray to those athletes.

After another LONG sleepless night with little miss "Hi, I don't want to sleep/teething with a cold Hope"I couldn't help but think that as a mom WE ARE athletes

I have been doing the Susu (soother) late night burpee/army crawl MANY nights this week. many. 
You know the one. Close your eyes.....picture it.
CRYING BABY

Mom, goes into babies room rooting around the crib like a mad person looking for that stinking soother AGAIN. CAN'T find it. AHHH!!...now its getting frantic as the decibel level is climbing.
So, you flop down onto the floor and flailing your hands in long sweeping movements under the crib and the surrounding area to find that soother that has been dropped. It is like you are searching for the last piece of food in the world.... it's that desperate. 

I'd say Gold medal for sure. Doing this at 3am THEN heading back to bed. No prob. We are trained athletes :)

What about Lego


It is like a FREAKING mine field walking into my kids room in the middle of the night to find out that a "few" lego pieces were not cleaned up.

Have you ever stepped on one of those little bad boys half asleep? heck, even awake!. The worst pain ever. then you shake it off your leg and step back down to ANOTHER piece of lego. Oh flap N snap.
That kid who wanted a glass of water better appreciate the fact that my foot may have to be amputated due to the lego wounds. sheesh.

ANOTHER GOLD MEDAL

But, ya know....we hobble back to bed still half asleep grumbling to ourselves that they are spending the day in their room deep cleaning with toothbrushes.

"SERIOUSLY" I say to myself as I flop into bed and flip back over AGAIN those covers.

Where is my husband you may ask ? Blissfully sleeping right beside me. Unless there is a kid screaming in his ear he hears nothing....or does he....

Dodge the kid

 Being able to make dinner/clean house with a 9 month old scratching at your skin on your legs wanting to be held the WHOLE DAY....

I can make a pot roast with a baby clawing at my dress/pants or WORSE bare legs.
I can easily maneuver and weave through with no effort at all the different drawers, fridge, oven....all the while STILL keeping the baby safe.  

SILVER (high score)
*oh forgot to say all while listening to whining and protesting....One can handle that form of torture until around 6pm. Then you get the twitches.............


After all the middle of the night wakes ONE still needs to function the next day. Whether your headed out to work at your job (props to those momma's ..wow) and still manage to be able to insert an IV into a patient is incredible and honestly a miracle.

OR home with other kids/daycare kids/school pickup drop off/ play dates.

We all do it.

We all manage to make it through another day with our Olympian status not winning any awards OR have any recognition.

To all the "other" Olympians I salute you. Lets hold our heads high...well, after bedtime!
LOVE LOVE
JEN


No comments:

Post a Comment