Be warned. This post has lots of pictures. Get comfy.
The biggest loser ladies and I were so excited to go on this dance cruise. We ordered our tickets through groupon and we each paid $12 (thank the lord it was so inexpensive)
We talked about it for weeks, what we would wear, night out, no kids, carpooling...blah blah!
The day came. Nina and Shana came and picked me up. Nina had a day I cannot even explain to you. It was one of those days where everything GOES WRONG. We laughed and giggled about this on the way to the boat. Thank goodness we were finally on our way and it was going to be a WONDERFUL night. RIGHT? right?
Needless to say. It was an adventure. Nina has a lead foot which I can appreciate and we almost died getting to the plaza of nations. She is a stunt driver. I've never seen anyone NOR been a passenger in a vehicle that URRRCCHHHEESS around corners like her car did. WOW!
AGAIN, we laughed so hard.
WE walked up a fight of stairs in a stair well that REEKED like urine. BARF! and got lost trying to find the boat. We were late. BAHHH! Don't leave us.
OOps...forgot to say we stopped and got some mcdonalds along the way! STARVING! This is my handsome double cheesburger. He is wonderful
Stunt driver Nina ready to go ;)
A few of the ladies were already there and waiting for us. They looked gorgeous. As we approached the boat there was a lovely boat that I thought was ours. Then they said "Are you with TD?"...My heart sunk. "No, we aren't" - hanging my head.
We turned the corner and the S.S minnow was there in all its rickety/brown stained glory. Wonderful.
We laughed as we realized the other passenger were about 3 maaaayyyybe 5! GREAT! GREAT! I looked like I was going to a Gala event and here I was on a boat with club kids. Good thing I brought my spare dress in my bag....phew. More on that later.
I walked in the door to PURE style....washroom signs. Also, plain ole plywood on the door and the plexiglass window fell out as I went to open it.
This display that we all had a good laugh over. THAT IS THE APPETIZER?? Here I was thinking we could order some wings? or dry ribs....
Styrafoam plates?
Styrafoam plates?
I thought to myself "It better NOT be chicken nuggets". NOPE, It was worse than chicken nuggest. WORSE!.
BOILED HOT DOGS and steamed buns. NO words people. NO words.
Look at Mel's face. This was before we found out it was HOT DOGS. Bahahhahah!!!
Mel yelled to me as we "sailed" past this beauty. "THAT, is what we should have been on"...bahhahah!!! Yup!! Oh well, Who cares...lets dance!
I realized quickly that we were not the only ones over 20 years old. We made some fast friends ;)
Shana and Sara looking fabulous
Becky, Mel and Amy! wowsers they are beautiful ;)
And a group shot with a few missing. wow these ladies can partay it up ;)
Becky had just returned from the washroom with a look of horror on her face as she described to us all about it. OH NO!! Bathrooms and I do not mix. I can only imagine.
We had just found out about the Hot dogs at this moment as well. So needless to say I was really preparing myself.
Shana had to go as well. WE braved it together. This was us entering the grossness. I kept saying. Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear.
It smelled like the worst out house you have even smelt.
It smelled like the worst out house you have even smelt.
Just stunning. The floor. NO WORDS.
Scared to death to pee. Even hovering seemed gross. If I could I would have hovered 100ft above. The toilet was so stained.
Getting to and fro the bathroom was interested. NOTE TO OTHERS: if you have a bad leg or bad arms you could not use the bathroom OR go up on deck. slippery gross stairs that are almost vertical. I get that we are on a boat. But wow.
As I turned to the RIGHT I saw THIS.
Hot dogs in all their glory! The line up was huge. I 'm sure they were wonderful. Just not even CLOSE what I was expecting :)
Putting on some gloss with the applicator with built in light!! THANKS MOM! LoL
Note to self: do not put your wine glass on a speaker.
Nina and I.
WE danced up on deck for a good chunk of the night (thank the lord it wasn't rainy) We danced as we inhaled the exhaust fumes from the boat. wonderful.
Melanie and I met and found some people who we know from high school. Of course we did. Chatted away with them for a bit.
Mel and I also tracked down a Top Hat that Melissa has been looking for forever. Asked him if we could have it.....It turned out it was a gift from his girlfriend who was there who was so nice and fun. Top hats rule!
Unfortunatley we had to go pee again. Jill's face is hilarious. Pretty much sums up how we all felt. :)
This is a pic of my extra dress I brought in my bag. JUST IN CASE people...just in case. The zipper on the chiffon dress I don't trust. So yep, my 2nd dress I ALMOST changed into...lol...
OHhh this cute grandma just was beeeee bopping the night away. With her wrist. see the action there???So ya think you can dance...LOOK OUT> Remember it was dark on the dance floor. Good thing she had her sun glasses on :)
Just as we were about to leave I snapped these two! bahhhh!! If we felt the way we did entering the boat. YOU CAN imagine how they felt ;)
I overhead others on the boat they paid over $40 for their tickets. I would have been furious if I paid that much.
Melanie said it well " I cost us less than a movie ticket and popcorn"...SO TRUE!! We all had so much fun despite all the quirkyness of the boat. It was an adventure that none of us will quite forget.
Melanie said it well " I cost us less than a movie ticket and popcorn"...SO TRUE!! We all had so much fun despite all the quirkyness of the boat. It was an adventure that none of us will quite forget.
I was home close to 1am. Slinked into bed, happy to be home, happy to have had such a fun night with the girls and thankful for each and every one of those butt kicking girls :)
What a night. Hot dogs and Hip hop. Props to Sarah M for the title of this blog.
*Ohhh forgot to say.....yeah, it was supposed to be hip hop/top 40 night. Nina was pumped as she likes her hip hop. Well, the DJ was 7 and played ONE SET of hip hop. Even then it wasn't the good songs. You should have seen her face :)
laughing AGAIN!
LOVE LOVE
Jen
Jen




















No comments:
Post a Comment