For those that know me I LOVE fresh flowers in my home!
WELL, not just any flower! My husband learned early on that the bunches from Save-on or the corner store are NOT what I call flowers..lol..Esp the carnations *cringe*
He knows now I'm happy with just ONE simple bouquet of tulips, or some fresh peony's OR anything from Flowers and Co. If you've never been to this florist YOU MUST! The prices are quite reasonable and I actually just tell the girl who works there I have $20 and I'd like these certain colors and she makes me the most GORGEOUS bouquet!
Swoooooonnnn!!
Alas, my wise budgeting ways haven't really been able to include flowers into budget. So, where was I going to get my fix? I'd spend $$ on flowers over starbucks ANYDAY!
I do live in the most beautiful place on earth where everything is blooming. I'm taking advantage of that!! Back roads, dead end streets, hoping ditches to just get a few snips of a lovely flower or even greenery. One of my good friends is an expert at flower hunting as well......sooooo she keeps me informed where the goods are!! lol...
I do live in the most beautiful place on earth where everything is blooming. I'm taking advantage of that!! Back roads, dead end streets, hoping ditches to just get a few snips of a lovely flower or even greenery. One of my good friends is an expert at flower hunting as well......sooooo she keeps me informed where the goods are!! lol...
All this for FREEEEEE!!! You can still decorate your home when you have a budget of ZERO!!
I was at a garage sale last week....picked up 10 cute sheets of scrapbook paper for .10cents and that will be transformed into paper bouquet of flowers for my mantle as a POP of color. You have to be creative and keep your eyes open for opportunity.
I'm on the hunt for some fun fabric that matches my decor to re-do our shabby with holes pillows on our couches. I refuse to buy new ones!
Have a great day everyone! Remember to keep your eyes open for free treasures around :)
LOVE LOVE
Jen
Have a great day everyone! Remember to keep your eyes open for free treasures around :)
LOVE LOVE
Jen



LOVE this and I adore white flowers..nothing makes me feel like Mary Ingalls then going and finding flowers to cut and collect for my home...I used to love to run up and down our street finding new little pockets of pussy willows and random flowers and coming home with a basket full...as an adult I guess it's carried on! Yay for FREEEEEEEEE!
ReplyDelete