Thursday, April 19, 2012

If the dress fits.......


So yeah! This is my wedding dress I wore almost 9 years ago!! 9 YEARS!! whoa! I can remember back thinking how sad that I'll never be able to fit my dress again, and how I loved how I felt and looked on my wedding day! Yes, It definitely turned some heads and as a very new christian at the time 6 months ish I can see now how "risky" it was. Form fitting, low back......its gorgeous. It was the 2nd dress I tried on and as soon as I put it on I KNEW! I love it and still do....maybe I'll wear it to preschool drop off...bahahhha!!

I was chatting with a friend on the phone one afternoon and she said to me " I wonder if you fit your wedding dress" WELL, I didn't wait a second. I grabbed it from the nice bag hanging in my closet and zipped it up....all the way....no wiggling, no shimmying. It fit like a GLOVE. Just like it did the day of the wedding...WELL, the boob situation looks different now ...lol...BUT hey, I was sooooooo impressed. I couldn't believe it.

I actually had a chat with a woman in our church one morning who had lost a LOT of weight about how I feel like my mind hasn't caught up with how I look. It is the most bizarre thing I tell ya!
She understood completely and told me what helped her most was actual photographs of herself because looking in the mirror didn't really work day to day!
 I have people come up to me and just shocked how small I am....THIS is the weirdest thing to me! I say "thank you" and carry on.....BUT it hasn't computed quite yet. I'm just as in shock as they are...bahahhahahahha!! its weird.....

So yeah, its all a journey this weight loss thing. Now that I'm getting closer to my goal weight it feels like it was JUST yesterday I made the decision that enough was enough and I was ready to change my life.
If your reading this thinking "I can't do that" or "I'm not motivated like that" ....YOU CAN!. I'm sorry to be harsh but its a decision you make and IF YOU WANT IT BAD ENOUGH...do something about it. Enough complaining, enough wishing and hoping that it will just "magically happen". It won't. It takes major work.
Sorry...rant over....lol..
Being approached by people OVER AND OVER (which is awesome) but hearing lots of excuses. Just makes me more fired up.

Have a fab DAY. What is it that is holding you back from losing the weight you so desperately want to lose? Take a good look.........
                                                                   All is good
LOVE LOVE
Jen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment