Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Working the land

My mom took the kids on Saturday overnight and when they walked out the door I said out loud "THEIR GONNNNEEEEE". Bahahhaha! I love my kids but the feeling of not having to think of food/naps etc...is glorious! I had #3 home but she's easy.....Phhhffttt....One kid...bahhahaha!!

My HOT gardening boots
 I recently fallen in love with working in the garden and our flower beds. Although I can't find the time because...well...its hard to garden with #2 jumping on your back and #1 "helping" by pulling out the weeds...aka TULIPS...GAHHHH!!! So, I took this opportunity while #3 napped and Ry was inside to tackle the garden and beds. I spent almost 3 hours and got only 1 1/2 done...grrr. They hadn't been touched since this time last year as being preggo with #3 gardening wasn't the most comfortable experience..lol...SO they were SO overgrown. So much so that I found tulips growing UNDER other overgrown plants...bahahha!! As you know, tulips are my most fav so SAVE THE TULIPS!

NOT the nicest looking garden BUT it is at least tidy
We would like to eventually find a piece of land that we can either build on OR tear down existing and rebuild. We would LOVE to have animals and be able to "work" the land. My hubs grew up on a farm and I've always wanted a piece of property to work on. I guess that is kinda odd these days. One of the BIGGEST hugest things I want my girls to have is a hardworking attitude. NOT a sense of entitlement that we've encountered after a few employees that have worked for us? What the heck? It is so hard to find someone who knows how to work~! I'm serious. The few we've found have been kinda wieners and whiners? .....really? Not the quality that I'd like to have in my children.

Yes, when I was younger I rolled my eyes when I had to push mow my one acre lawn. I still had to do it. I know my kids will probably whine and complain about doing chores but WHO CARES. Its life. I'm thankful my parents said NO to me. I didn't get a car when I was 16, I didn't have the best and nicest clothes, I didn't have all the cool things that my friends did. I think the world would be a better place if more parents said "NO". I know of friends of friends who made it their mission to NOT say "no" to their kids because it created a negative environment? WOW.....
Hence the wieners and whiners...grrrr

Not sure why I'm so passionate about this subject but It really is something that I SOOO admire in people. Its a simple cure! Sorry for the rant....lol...Just blurted out!


Have a fab day
LOVE LOVE
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment