I'm still laughing. "Fall off a log easy". I heard this on the radio a few days ago and I'm still laughing.....bahhahahah!! its my new favorite line. Can you tell...bahhahahah!! Still laughing....
K, sorry
We started making these lettuce wraps a few years ago because I CANNOT get enough of these. I think because they are pretty much carb free so you can eat a TON. There are many many recipes online and they all vary. I don't have a recipe I follow....kinda eye it. I know frustrating BUT it really is SO easy
So you NEED these two ingredients. NEED. NEED. not an option. The sauce is Hoisin sauce. Again, no substitute. Not the same ;)
So, what I do....I use ground turkey as I find I have a hard time making things with ground turkey without it tasting REALLY turkeyish...this hides it well. No one knows and its SO good for you.
Brown the turkey. If you've worked with ground turkey you know...don't over cook it. Like kill it. It will taste like dust. No joke....BLAH!
SOOO, I take the turkey out of the wok. Add in toasted sesame oil. Tsp "ish", add in 2 cloves of garlic diced, a chunk of ginger diced, 3 carrots finely diced, 1 red pepper diced, onion diced (sometimes I don't have onion, sometimes I only have green onion) Still works. That is all I had in the kitchen last night...bahahh!! We've added mushrooms, leeks, other peppers, cabbage. WHATEVER..throw it in...YUM
Then I give it a sautee till veg is still a bit crunchy. Add back in the turkey. Then I add a tsp of soya sauce and tsp of hoisin sauce, mix, taste, add more if I need to till I like it. Just keep doing that.. Add 2 cups or so of the noodles, mix well and serve on a clean, crisp leaf of a head of lettuce. We eat a whole head of lettuce for the family....lol...The girls LOOVE this dinner.
When I add my scoop of mix onto the lettuce I drizzle a bit of the hoisin sauce over top the mixture...OHHHH heaven...wrap it over with the lettuce and CRUNCH away. DELLLIIIISSSHHHH!!!!
These are another HOUSE favorite that is FALL off a log easy.....bhahahahahha!!
Ryan grew up as the baby brother of a family with 4 boys. Can you imagine making grilled cheese for 4 BOYS? Ry remembered his mom made these "cheater" grilled cheese for a quick lunch. WELL, let me tell ya. My kids like them just as much as regular grilled cheese AND they are NEVER burned *hang my head in shame*. Yes, I've burned more grill cheeses than you can imagine...I get side tracked easily...fall off a log easy....bahahhaha!! ok...
SO, I add cheese. Stick the oven on broil. Pop it in...watch it closely...lol..and voila. DONE! my kids especially like it because its like grilled cheese with "soft" bread? I dunno...weirdo's. I think because I burn mine quite often they don't like how crunchy it gets...lol...
There YA have it....two, crazy fast, delicious recipes. I'm the new PIONEER WOMAN!! YES, I knew it all along....lol...Yeah right. Hi, my name is Jen and I can't make mashed potatoes!
Have a great day!
Love love
Jen



Not my thang, I only like hamburger and hot dogs ;) ;) but I suck at mashed potatoes too!!!
ReplyDelete