Thursday, February 23, 2012

Groundhog day


When I saw this on Pinterest I almost DIED laughing. I can SOOO relate in many ways. I feel sometimes like Bill Murray in Groundhog day. Everyday waking up the same thing, same predictable things. On one hand I LOVE it because well, I love control...bahahha!! BUT on the other hand I go nuts some days with all the same questions, same timeouts, same...same...same...

I know this is what I signed up for but if Grace asks me ONE MORE TIME "What's tomorrow?" or If we have to listen to Alvin and the chipmunks Christmas (THANKS GRAMMA)I may just go for a REALLY long run.....like really long...like really....


AHHAHAH!! This is really all in fun and I LOVE my kids but when I had Sophie I only had ONE good friend tell me that feeling frustrated or irritated with your kids is normal. I really thought I had PPD on and off, here and there....bhha!!


She actually said to me when I told her how I was feeling.... "Do you sometimes feel like you wanna throw them out the window (in jokingly manner) or want to run away?". I HAD NEVER HEARD of anyone say these things before? ANYONE...everyone was "OH, I love it when my kids cry all day and I have SOOOO much patience for them" and instantly I felt 1 million percent better.


SO, ever since then when I talk to "new" moms in particular I REALLY talk to them about the truths and frustrations of being a mom or parenting in general ( and I know PPD is a serious thing and to watch for it) I've thanked my friend SO many times....she probably saved me from the loony bin. WE need to stick together as mom's/dad's and be honest because these crazy kids will TEAR us apart if we let it get to us :)....bahhahah!!

Have an awesome day

LOVE LOVE

JEN

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! It's so nice to hear that other moms struggle some days too! Ugh! I'm not alone! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bhahahaha so true :) I was once told that good parents don't yell at their kids. I instantly thought um what?? because being a parent isnt easy :)great blog Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so honest with people that I think it's probably birth control for them! Great post - I had a moment today where I wanted to throw a child out the window, not seriously but yah, seriously! ;-)
    Being a mom is HARD - crazy hard some days - and for some strange reason we feel that we have to live up to this stupid self imposed standard that NO ONE can keep up to!

    I wandered over her via Shawna's blog...we are friends from way back...

    Thanks for your words - be encouraged, you are not alone!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete