Grace is pretty much 100% potty trained. No accidents and big girl underwear. I've trained both my kids with the reward system. A pee = 1 chocolate chip and a poo = 2 chocolate chips. I've had other mom's say "That is the reward you give them?" and jokingly say "how cheap". bahahahah!! I also fully trained my toy poodle dog (fuzzy) growing up with one cheerio per trick. Bahahh!! That dog was a total whiz !Yes, I know other mom's reward with toys/gummy bears/lollipops BUT HEY, my kids only know the chocolate chip treat and weeeeeelllllllll....GRACE is a little to smart for her own good these days.
For the last few days Grace has been doing a "dribble" pee 8 million times a day and one poo nugget at a time for 5 or 6 times till she is finished. You know what that means right? every little dribble, every little poo nugget she gets chocolate chips.
I've had to start saying "no more peeing"....Bahahha!! With Sophie I just didn't mention the reward anymore and she eventually forgot. Not steal trap Grace. The poo thing I can't say no to because I don't want poo hiding on my dark wood floor for me to squish in between my toes.....ewwww! (its happened)
I've had to start saying "no more peeing"....Bahahha!! With Sophie I just didn't mention the reward anymore and she eventually forgot. Not steal trap Grace. The poo thing I can't say no to because I don't want poo hiding on my dark wood floor for me to squish in between my toes.....ewwww! (its happened)
I know I shouldn't say "Sophie never did this". but its true. Grace is a WHOLE NEW BALL OF WAX, she is definitely her own person and is quite honestly rules the roost with Sophie. The dynamic are incredible to watch. I find myself quite often scratching my head thinking "how in the world do I deal with this?"....???? The same discipline that worked like a charm with Sophie is basically the exact opposite with Grace. Its a challenge and these days are LONG slugging out the constant discipline BUT ironically Grace is the 1st to say sorry, forgive and the most sensitive when she knows Ryan and myself are not impressed with her behaviour. Her name truly speaks the truth :) Those characteristics are what I love about her......even her toughness.
Off to go help with another #2 incident. Gosh, I have the most glamorous life!
Have a great one....wishing you chocolate chip dreams and cheerio wishes ;)
Love love
Jen
So true -- I feel the same with my boys!!! Way to go on getting the training done - praying for a few more chocolate chip rewards for Miss. G and a few less clean ups for you ;) Xo*S
ReplyDelete