Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Fort St Jen

I'm really loving it here! The feel of it. The calm. It's so strange and hard to explain. People here so far really take time for the important things in life. Popping in for coffee, chatty neighbours, helping each other out. It's not that it didn't exist  back in Langley" I "was much to busy to notice. To slow down. It was difficult to do so I found though. Bday parties, events, family. Again ALL GOOD things. I guess just being up here alone is so very different for me. It's forced me to slow down. Forced me to look deep. Forced me to evaluate my motives. Yikes. 

Change. I'm learning I need to embrace it. 

So much has happened this year it's crazy. HUGE life changing/shattering events. Such joy, death (too many), sorrow, grief, tears. I'm trying to really not waste this season of change. I'm finding ways to learn more grow more and serve more. 

Back to happy....


I run in the early morning. The sun is just glorious. Sigh!!!!

This is the sun room. We will be using this as our school room. Tables and chairs, desks, bright colours and away we gooooooo!! I've been in touch with the kids teacher and she has been amazing. She has everything so layed out for me. I know I can teach adults.....let's see how I do with my own kids. Eeeeep! 


Sooooo the exterior of our house is a lovely purple/pink. I already gave the whole house a fresh coat of "white dove" paint. Covered up and painted over the pink and purple brick work on the front porch. Next up on Jens pAinting service was the bay PINK windows. Tacked those NO prob. 
All that's next is scrape all the trim and paint a dark charcoal black, then paint front and back doors red. All before winter......I hope. I can dream RIGHT? 


Just want to leave ya with Hopes first "person"! Let me tell ya, this kid was CRAZY proud that she can draw like her sisters now. FINALLY! Go Hope Go. 

Ok peeps. Off to go rescue Hope who has taken all her clothes off and is riding her bike on the driveway!!! ...Shakes head....

TTFN
LOVE love
Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment