Monday, January 13, 2014

What a great idea....


I thought growing our own Triops would be easy. Seemed easy enough in the scholastic flyer! 

What THE HECK IS a Triops?????



Stupid dumb.
Here it is.......Kinda creepy.




Needless to say. Do you know how much flippen work it is to grow one of these things??? Do you see ANY detail on the box outlining the varying degrees of details that goes into these suckers?

WELP.....I just don't have the TIME nor the energy right now to:

- maintain water temperature at a precise amount.
- vary the light from a florescent light to natural light
- add more water using a little eye dropper (NO JOKE)
- feed the flippen fish food that I have to crush up with a spoon and gently deposit the food on top of the triop
- Had to be a special type of spring water with strict instructions that any different water would kill the hatching eggs . So I paid $8 for Evian water....really?




I give up! I'm not spending another night checking to see if the eggs are OK or if my bedroom is to cold. *roll eyes*. My children barely survive the day YET alone a sea creature. 

Sooooooo if your thinking you'll be a cool mom and order this. MAYBE reconsider OR make sure it's in the summer when the temperature is critical to these scurvy dogs survival . OH boy.....

TTFN...I'm off to work on purging my house.
LOVE LOVE
Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment