So, it was one of my best friends birthday a few weeks ago.
We left the kids with the hubbies and AWAY we went for the weekend.
It was a time to chill, hang out, shop and do all three without wiping noses or chasing after toddlers.
BLISS....to sit still...*sigh*
On our way to Joe Fortes for dinner. We were all starving and excited to doll up a bit and head out.
Mmmmmm..I originally wanted a fish/seafood type soup/stew BUT this was the special that particular night. OH MY GOODness, it was perfectly done. YUM. It was salmon, scallops, prawns served with mashed potatoes and a burre blanc sauce AND I ordered bearnaise on the side. I'm a dipper :)
We shopped till the stores closed. Headed back to the condo, got into our comfy clothes and chatting the night away. It was so much fun.
My gorgeous preggo buddy and I both were up first (surprise surprise)We left to go get everyone Starbucks.
Oh dear...not the cutest picture and she will probably KILL ME....but we literally just woke up. Give us a break ;)
Then I went into the other room. Snuggled in the bed beside this beauty. Birthday girl. We chatted and sipped starbucks in our jammies in the softest bed around. Zzzzzzzz
I love that.
The only coat of 10 I tried on in Zara that fit me. This was a large and still a bit snug. I was furious......Didn't buy this coat as I ended up finding a dark grey exact replica from H&M for 1/2 the price. lol....Boo to you Zara....and your RIDICULOUS sizing. I'm mad again....
We all did a good chunk of shopping which was fab. Christa scored boy winter coats for both her boys at Zara. Adorable.......
We had a wonderful weekend just on our own schedule without worrying about naps/food/snacks.
Definitely a recharge weekend. A must in my books. Or even a recharge day.
Out on your own, going for a drive to clear your head, groceries by yourself. Whatever works. We all need it. We all need and DESERVE a break of some sort. Or you may end up like me and start to "short circuit".....lol....
Fun times...fun times...
Now I know why some animals eat their young....bwahahaha!! KIDDING......
Off for the day! Enjoy. I'm so pumped for Christmas.....EEEPPP!!
ok. must. rescue my SCREAMING child from her comfy warm bed that must seem like a concrete prison to her. Goodness gracious. I love melodramatic children...lol..Roll eyes....
LOVE LOVE
Jen
Jen








No comments:
Post a Comment