I have a friend who's dad is a forensic police man, or whatever it is ...lol..
He gets to head out to homicides and figure out why they died. Not a fun job.
Anyways many years ago we got to talking about the Fraser river and she told me that the public has NO IDEA how many bodies are pulled from that river weekly. LIKE A LOT. Mostly gang affiliates OR prostitutes. More likely people that are known to police.
Still doesn't make me feel good. Especially when hubs goes FISHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on the Fraser river.....I can barf just thinking about it....
"Oh Hi there little fishy.....I know you just ate someones flesh but lets BBQ you up for dinner"
BARF.
Or the families that camp on the Fraser in the summer. OR GO SWIMMMMMMIINNNGGG!!
For pete's sakes people. A) Its a dangerous river to swim in a the currents can be deadly and B) its so silty and C) DEAD BODIES!!!!!
I know I'm a little passionate about this and its a running joke with my hubs and I. He thinks I'm ridiculous but he can see my dismay and dry heaving as we watch families swim in the Fraser in Fort Langley. Oh dear.
I'm sure there are many other places and things that go on in our community that have this problem. BUT I dont' know about them So I go "Lalallalla" and forget about it.
OH ANOTHER one is the Nicomekl River . It flows along Cloverdale/Surrey
Just a little river that goes through a lot of farm land.
Ya well, I found out through my dad and uncles that its common knowledge among farmers that some put animals that are sick or abundance (baby barn kitties) (SOB) or what not into a bag with rocks and drown them? AWESOME...oh, and cows fall in quite often and drown. AWESOME!!
Hence the reason they BOTH don't fish there anymore.
SUCH a happy post....bahahhah!! Its actually is just me and another topic that I am a little passionate about.
Its dumb and useless knowledge...BUT I like it.
I like to learn something new everyday. Oh boy do I do.
Enjoy the day. You'll never look at the Fraser River again. I know I don't. As I drive over it often I whisper under my breath so "EARS"..aka. Sophie doesn't hear me say.
"Hi, dead body river"
LOVE LOVE
Its dumb and useless knowledge...BUT I like it.
I like to learn something new everyday. Oh boy do I do.
Enjoy the day. You'll never look at the Fraser River again. I know I don't. As I drive over it often I whisper under my breath so "EARS"..aka. Sophie doesn't hear me say.
"Hi, dead body river"
LOVE LOVE
Jen

No comments:
Post a Comment