Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Foreign land




It is so strange. I have flip flopped in my thinking.
 
I used to ONLY go to the gym, if I had time, and only if it suited me.
 
I hated running SOOO running outside seemed to be the only "outdoor" option which was out of the question. Considering I couldn't run for 20 seconds without dying.
TRUE STORY.....
 
I've only ever run outside. This was my first time on a treadmill in over a year and a half. It was so odd. So foreign.
 
I didn't know what my "pace" was because I've never measured it. I had to choose this?
 I ran at a 6.0 - 6.3?
 
I have no idea what that means.lol. Is that slow? fast?..I was silently giggling to myself as I ran beside a lady with the hugest boob job and looked like a Miss America. Intimidating..yes! BUT, I do like a good competition.
 
I tried to sneak a peek what her "pace" was but didn't want to be a nerd. DARN!

We both started at the same time and seemed to have a same plan. Run 10 minutes, walk, sprint. Run 10...blah blah. 35 minutes later we both hopped off the machines.
 
She headed to the scary weight section with all the enormous muscle guys. I went to the mat and did pushups and abs...bwahah!! hilarious.
 
I did not get the mental clearage as I do when I run outside. AT ALL. I still felt "stuffed" with thoughts. BLAH....its like going to sleep without feeling like you slept at all....UGH!
 
I hated running and looking at myself. Even though it was clear glass you could see the reflextion. UGH! I tried to read and run. That was hilarious. So I just ran. Tried to listen to the music mostly. It was HARD. It hasn't been hard for a while....or should I say...I haven't had to mentally fight to run for a while.
 
I won't be going back.
 
 
Goober and a half. At least its a Bolle helmet and not a 3rd season blue hockey helmet.
 I'll be thankful with this thank you very much :)
 
Not to sure about this skiing situation. Hubs and I are going rock climbing soon. I AM excited about that one. But ice and snow? I remember how sore and painful it was learning to ski. Do I really wanna go back down that road 15 years later??. skkkkkkeerrrryyyyyyyyyy!!!!
 
Anyhooters.....FINALLY found my girls Christmas outfits. Found a main piece from one of my FAB friends with SICK taste. SO I just found other pieces here and there and mixed and matched. VOILA. Coordinating gold and black Christmas attire :) DONE!
 
Have a fab day
LOVE LOVE
Jen
 



No comments:

Post a Comment