Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Why do you love running so much?


I know I've posted about running before BUT it is hilarious how many people ask me about it. A zillion.

I think they:
A) Don't know me and just assume that I've been running for years and have questions.

B) They know how much I've lost and assume running (exercise) came easily for me.

They are shocked and encouraged knowing that I struggled this whole time. Its funny
struggling is encouraging? IT IS....because I felt the same way!!



When we went away on our trip to Saskatchewan I ran. I didn't get to run as much as I would have preferred BUT when in the world have I EVER EVER EVER exercised on a holiday. I used to laugh my butt off before when I saw people excising at the gym at the hotels. Bahahha! I get that NOW!

My hubs even ran a few times..lol..I love it.

A good friend recently asked me what I REALLY learned about myself throughout this ALMOST year ( can you believe it?)

Oh boy did I learn. There was so many things BUT the few biggest are that I finally realized I was SO MUCH stronger than I thought I was. I finally was able believe in myself and not give up. Finally feel like me. It's so profound to understand this about myself.

But through this I really just want to be able to encourage and help others who may be stuck in the exact same rut as I used to be. Just deep down so discouraged and having no idea where to start.
I know I know...people don't really want to hear my journey BUT I know from watching other friends lose weight and I was getting more hopeless..... all I wanted to do was get into their brain and ask them 7 million questions and just hoping that I could do what they are doing to get my weight off. Secretly hoping for an easy solution because I was in NO SHAPE to exercise...bahhah!! its true. Totally how I felt. I didn't want to go to bootcamps/classes or exercise with people because I couldn't walk a flight of stairs without dying. How humiliating that I let myself get this way!

How can I help people more? or maybe they don't want it? I dunno...I was always searching for SOMETHING to help me.

I wish I could hold an invisible sign that had a before/after picture... ....They'd think I was selling something..bahhaha! BUT I wish people were more open about their struggle/success with weight. it would really encourage others who THINK they are the only ones who feel this way!

Its kinda like the "motherhood' thing. How people don't talk about the TRUTH about the trenches of toddler life,  unless someone else starts the conversation saying something that is so truthful but they felt so ashamed thinking that about their kids. THEN a can of worms is opened up and after a good chat with other moms they go home relived they aren't psycho or need medication. I'm serious. It drives me nuts. 

SAME THING

How we look/weight/fashion is sickening and SO pushed upon in our society.....blah blah. Its discussed BUT there is a root that is NOT talked about? WHY?

I actually feel at times so guilty to feel these things below. why? Because then I'll look good? NO, because I would FEEEEEELLLLL great wearing only a sports bra. and knowing that I worked FREAKING hard to wear it. 


I dunno, just another thing that picks my butt I guess. Grrr. Not sure people are ready to be REALLY honest with 'others' about their weight when they are not even honest with themselves 1st?



This is so true!
Ugh...the worst. The run really is the easy part...bahahha!! Just starting is hard.

Total random thought post but after ANOTHER person chatted with me about "Oh I hear you love running" I had to blog about it.

I hope this made sense. Its past my bedtime. Need to go to bed. Zzzz!

It was swimming lessons tonight for Sophie who did well and Grace's 1st time in lessons. OHHHH man....she was beaming with pride over her 1st swim. The kid could have won an award for constant proud smile. It was adorable.

FYI- lessons with 2 kids staggered times and Hope (who is a full time position in itself) its exhausting. Why doesn't my child sit in her freaking stroller without doing the crocodile roll to escape or scream like she poked her eye out with a fork???The skinny red head boy who was sitting beside us and 13 months old didn't make ONE PEEP in his stroller....one peep. Happily played with the strap on his stroller. Really? STRAP? *roll eyes*

If Hope sat still I'd check to see if she was having a seizure....bhahah.
oh well...such is life. Swimming lessons are FUN!!!

K, nighty nighty
LOVE LOVE
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment