Our trip to Saskabush was an adventure. The picture above is how I felt each day. I felt like a flight attendant the majority of the time. I get car sick quite easily so the fact that I was turning around all the time didn't help *barf*
"Would anyone like a pillow?, pillow pet?, blanket, a drink, hungry, sleepy........??"
It was non stop. "Mom, I'm hungry, mom.mom.mom.mom.mom.mom.mom.mom. Kinda like those seagulls on finding Nemo. Remember those? mine.mine.mine.mine
I think the days flew by because I was busy non stop. No sleeping for me.
I think the days flew by because I was busy non stop. No sleeping for me.
AND AWAY WE GO!!!! ....our 1st picture. Ready to go :) We had no idea the adventures to come. It was fun. Trying to keep the kids on a somewhat normal routine really helped the sleeping situation as they all slept like logs. I used our sound machine in the truck when it was nap time which was brilliant. Thanks TWINNY (you know who you are....)
A few things I learnt along the way: Learning to mouth read if someone was sleeping. I became a pro. "you want a chocolate cat treat and some water?" SURE, no problem...bahha!!
Trying to stay on top of things so the mess/clutter didn't get OUT of control. That really helped to keep my sanity. Having meals planned out so If were stopping for lunch somewhere I'm not taking 5 hours to prepare it...bhahhah
Trying to stay on top of things so the mess/clutter didn't get OUT of control. That really helped to keep my sanity. Having meals planned out so If were stopping for lunch somewhere I'm not taking 5 hours to prepare it...bhahhah
Our 1st morning breakfast. SO fun.
Then back into the truck and away we went for another 7-8 hours. UGH. I think with the kids it makes you break up the trip so it doesn't feel as long.
This was at my feet the WHOLE TRIP. snacks/pain meds/water/...YOU name it. I had it. I had anything that anyone needed at the drop of a hat.
We were able to find a dual portable DVD player that saved our LIVES!! I am serious....serious.
We had many late night drives back to the campsite with Baby Einstein playing to keep Hopealinski from freaking. I love technology.
The trip ended up being so much more successful than I imagined. I was so scared. Now we know we can do this and be successful at it. 2 weeks was a bit long...lol. We were all sick of each other near the end. Who wouldn't be? ...lol...
I have more to talk about but shall HIT THE HAY considering my 10pm self-set curfew.
Night all.
Night all.
Jen





No comments:
Post a Comment