Going though my old photo's on the computer just tidying up all irritating folders...lol...
I found this one.
My jaw dropped. I had not seen this pic for a long time.
I have forgotten.
Is that me? wow! I can remember HATING those workout pants as they were so tight. I normally only wore long flared workout pants. NOT these that showed my legs......GASP!
I was 214 pounds here. End of December. Just about to start my journey.
If I only knew where I'd get to ....wow....
Size 14/16 to size 6/8
Size 14/16 to size 6/8
The wedding we went to last weekend was quite the eye opener for me. I had many people come up to me saying they didn't even recognize me. I mean, you see yourself everyday and HONESTLY you do not notice the change that drastically. My friends and family know and have seen me transform BUT seeing someone I had not seen in half a year. Ummmm....yeah, that would be shocking. Another thing someone said was I look strong, healthy and fit. *tear*
Not just skinny, frail, food deprived, weak. Never thought of it that way. I'm proud of that comment.
Not just skinny, frail, food deprived, weak. Never thought of it that way. I'm proud of that comment.
A lovely lady who I know who lost an incredible amount of weight told me a few months ago that pictures where the only thing that really helped her mind/brain to switch that this is what I now look like. ITS ALL MIND. It is still a shock to see this picture of me....odd...
When I look at the picture above NOW. I see the woman that God created me to be. Finally.
Not that I wasn't at 214lbs but at that weight I was so bogged down with "what ifs", " I can't's", "I wish ", "its to hard", I can't do this. I look back and realize I really had such a bunch of hot coals just ready to catch fire but NO wind/energy to start that little spark.
I was waiting for something? I don't know what?....that waiting lasted for almost 10 years. wow...*sniff/tear*. wow, big moment I just realized.
10 years....*sob*.....
You know what it was?...what the root of it all was? FEAR
Had no clue what I was capable of. I was scared. Scared to start. Most importantly scared to fail and quit YET AGAIN. what's the point anyways.........F.E.A.R.
Exactly where it wants you to STAY. stuck. immobile.
Exactly where it wants you to STAY. stuck. immobile.
I just feel like I'm free. I feel like there was a fork in the road and I took the SCAREY road. BUT it lead me to this. Its so hard to explain. BUT the sky is the limit. When you push youself/mentally focus/ tunnel vision/ NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!! you realize just how FLIPPEN tough you really are. Its surprising.
Wow, didn't mean this post to be this long I just typed...didn't stop.
I'm so thankful I kept that picture. I will keep it forever. A picture of what FEAR looks like for me.
Have a wonderful day. What are you afraid of? What are you so scared to do?
LOVE LOVE
Jen

No comments:
Post a Comment