Friday, April 6, 2012

New me

OK OK.....I WON!! I won the big 12 week challenge. Oh man! I was just amazing and I'm  completely shocked. I'm proud how I pushed myself so hard and stayed so consistent. I've always been one that if I put my mind to something I can achieve it *except, not anymore* weight loss. I seemed to always have a block....a "I can't do it its WAY to hard" attitude and of course I was the queen of excuses. I always looked for quick fixes BUT knew in the back of my mind that is just a BANDAID to a bigger problem.I needed to learn new skills. I needed to figure this out and just figure out my body, eat well and start exercising. You can't do one or the other.
I just recently found a picture of myself when I was 21 and 160 lbs. I can remember looking back at that picture when I was still WAY over the 200's and think that Its almost unachievable. 

GUESS what? its so not! 
I'm slowly learning its all MENTAL...really! I 've had someone say to me " OH, must be nice to not want or crave any bad things anymore"...I was like "WHHHAAATTT?" are you talking about?
PEOPLE....its everyday. ITS A CHOICE! I love chips/tortilla's. Do you know how many times a day I think to myself "Oh, I could so go for a plate of nachos and melted cheese" MMMMMMM!! I MAKE THE CHOICE TO SAY NO!. Me. ME. me. I also think that eating those 400 calories is insane considering I have to RUN like a mad woman to burn ALLLL that off. and even out. NOT WORTH IT....not even a bit.

OK, I've become a bit of a ranter/passionate magee because just a few months ago. I WAS NOT in a good mental health state. I can still feel those feelings of wanting to eat to make the guilt of my weight GO away, i can still feel the shame of not being where I wanted to be (size wise) ,I can still feel going into my closet and only choosing clothes that were baggy because I was SOOOOO embarrassed about how far my weight had gone. I get it.......I still feel it.

I don't ever want to lose those feelings. ALL I know, Is I wanted this SOOO bad. I was willing to do WHATEVER it took (naturally) to make it happen. simple.

Here are some before and after pictures. I have about another 10-15lbs more to lose and I CANNOT wait to see how much more my body changes.

214lbs starting weight

179lbs 12 weeks later

179lbs 12 weeks later.




Its a new mindset, new way of looking at food and a new fun attitude about clothes. I'm wearing a cute little dress today from Target a size SMALL? what the heck?...My mind has not caught up yet to where I am...body wise. It feels strange.Hard to explain.

ANYHOOOOooooo! I'm off for a fun filled say with some moms and 8 zillion kids. THEN a swap mom biggest loser challenge WEIGH IN. Oh man! A friend and I are organizing this event over the next 12 weeks. Its going to be SO exciting. Can't wait

LOVE LOVE
Jen

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this..I've been dying to see you after Jamie raving about how great you look :)
    You are so beautiful no matter what the scale says about you but I am in love with how your thinking is now...love that! You are an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete