Monday, April 9, 2012

Spartan


                                                          Spar·tan

adjective

1.
Also, Spar·tan·ic [spahr-tan-ik] Show IPA. of or pertaining to Sparta or its people.
2.
suggestive of the ancient Spartans; sternly disciplined and rigorous, frugal, or austere.
3.
brave; undaunted.

war·ri·or

[wawr-ee-er, wawr-yer, wor-ee-er, wor-yer] Show IPA
noun
1.
a person engaged or experienced in warfare; soldier.
2.
a person who shows or has shown great vigor, courage, or aggressiveness, as in politics or athletics.


If I was born in the time of the lovely Jane Austen (Whom, I adore and adore her novels) era I'm not sure who I would "really" be? I would probably have enjoyed life as I would have HAD to..... but deep down having such a desire to BUST out and make a difference would have shriveled my warrior spirit.
It is who I am to have this DRIVE to be aggressive. I remember watching G.I Jane when it first came out and it just lights, stokes, blows on this ember of a fire inside me. I can feel it grow. Any movie/ event that involves STRONG females or even males really that shows them working/fighting for their lives I love to watch so much. SOOO inspiring.

I played rugby for 4 years as 2nd row RIGHT in the middle of the scrum, I've been in fights and have had more black eyes from rugby. People would see this other side of me day to day and think "YOU" play rugby? with this look on their face. I would just tell them sports or any activity that involves a DRIVE bring out this WHOLE other side of me. Its nuts. Even my husband says when I play sports or have a goal in mind I'm a different person. I don't take it easy, I swear( WHICH I NEVER DO), I just get this tunnel vision. Its quite comical actually.

 I played woman's hockey as a goalie for 3 years....again, I was the one who SLASHED you as you skated by if you hurt or was intentionally mean to one of my players.....bahahah!! Hilarious. They'd see this blond gal with a cute skirt and cute top and hockey gear over my shoulder. I've heard the ladies of apposing teams before say "THAT, is the other goalie?..and laugh"as I walked by. Little do they know. I come out. A WARRIOR
I watched a show last night called "Warrior" it shows the lives of 3 MMA fighters. Normally I wouldn't watch that show as MMA is something I can't even watch as its REALLLLLLLYYYY mean and I think goes a little TO FAR at times. This movie was recommended by a few people. So we decided to watch it and BOY OH BOY it was really good. REALLY good.

Classic work hard to a goal, fight for it, achieve it.
A good friend of mine, the lovely D told me about this spartan race! OHHH gracious. I'm seriously thinking this could be something that I want to set as a goal...ahhhh! My pal D is also doing this crazy class that she says its like crossfit on steroids....AHHH! I love it. Realistically though I think I'll be doing a 10K run 1st and then go from there!

http://www.spartanrace.com/

I personally think we ALL have something deep down inside us that is just ready to BREAK out. Its just a matter of finding it and lighting it on FIRE! I know as moms especially going through labour (I was in 16 hours of labour with #1) we all have had to DIG down and find some strength we didn't think/feel we had. There was NO choice ....this kid has to come out. What would you do if your child was lost? or hurt and they needed you to run to get help. I can guarantee you'd run the whole way and not think for one second you'd stop. EVER!
 Its that SAME innate/raw feeling that I'm talking about. DIGGING deep into your soul finding that INCREDIBLE strength we all have.

Just want whoever is reading this to know you are SO MUCH stronger than you think. SO MUCH! It just takes the courage to grab it....and run!

Have a great day!....think about how strong you are!
LOVE LOVE
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment