Sunday, March 4, 2012

Slow Sundays


*Edited to add...I know my posts are off a few days...lol...Little slow*

Sunday mornings are usually hectic getting dressed and out the door at 8:30am to head to church. I love church...everything about it. Right now because Hope still has a morning nap its tricky because she is soooo dog tired that around 9:30 she starts to fuss and I go change her bum and VOILA...she's out like a light...bhahah!! So, I snuggle her up and I sit back in the Mom's room and watch and listen to the service from the comfort of a lazy boy rocker and my sleepy Hope in my arms. I must say....it is lovely. I don't miss a thing and I find I get to really think and digest the service a bit better in "the room"..lol.. Although I miss my pals to chat with during the service BUT there is a new clan of moms doing exactly the same thing as me in "the room". Hilarious. Talk about a STAG of life.....lol...

We skipped church to hang out as a family and just have a COZY day! Here are a few highlights of the day.

My brother is working in Calgary right now so I thought I'd send him a little "Hi" from down here in the lower mainland :)

Last year we built some raised garden bed and had our first REAL garden. It sure is a learning curve but we had so much fun and the vegetables were AMAZING. Nothing better than fresh veggies from your garden. We decided to plan and figure out a few new things this year for our garden. After a few calls to my grandma and my mom (expert gardeners) we are adding Kale, turnips, a different blend of lettuce, and some red potatoes?? Who knows...should be interesting.


Here are Ryan and the girls praying for our garden this year!

Here is our WestCoast seeds book! The best and our left over seeds from last year. Its really quite fun gardening. Although a lot more work than I thought ;0 BUT this year I'm not preggo so I can get right in...can't wait :)



REMEMBER my sock bin from a few posts back? WELL, seriously every time I went into my closet that bin was just eyeing me....Grrrr....It picked my butt that it wasn't emptied. SO, I grabbed a garbage bag....DONE! Feels sooo good ;)




Grace just snuggling on the couch. She is such a muffin!!

We had such a nice day! We are almost finished the playroom/office (turning into more office..grrr) and it feel good just to cross things off your list RIGHT?


Enjoy the day


LOVE LOVE
JEN

No comments:

Post a Comment