Friday, January 9, 2015

New Year, New Friends?



I'm here I'm here I'm here.........grab a coffee. Its a long one.

It's been to long. I write this in the school room where it is usually a bit cooler on a balmy -17 sunny day. Yes, its sunny all the time BUT cold. I have my new grey old navy hoodie on with the hoodie part on my head and my fav costco slippers on. 

So what is new? 
Oh boy. We just came out of a really busy christmas season. We headed back to Langley to see as many of our family and friends as we could for 2 weeks. The last few days we spent at Cultas at an awesome place called "The Cottages" where we hung out with friends and more family!!



Coolest little crawl space turned into a theater room. 



New years eve fireworks!! Such fun. ALL the kids (except Evelyn) stayed up till past midnight. Party animals!






Go carting fun. Steph was a pro!!!



Gosh I love this KID!!!

 Everyday was literally filled to the max. Jan 1st was our only day without plans and even then great friends popped in. Which was awesome. 

I'm one who needs roots. I am proud of myself that my wings are growing and able to actually fly into skkkeerryy situations now and I'm ok with that. Its great, BUT Home is where my heart is. 

We arrived back home to -30 temps and about 2 feet of new snow. THANKFULLY one of Ry's awesome co workers took 2 hours of his day and shoveled the one half of our L shaped driveway. We would not have been able to unpack the van and all our stuff if he didn't do that. Thanks again R. We love ya!


Packed to the rafters and the roads were not to bad at all! Just go with the flow and away we went!!!!


Then we all got really bad cold and fevers and the rest you can imagine. It is now Friday and I haven't been to the gym in over 2 1/2 weeks. Its killing me but I need to rest. 

I had high hopes heading back to the gym. I go to the gym at 5am and there are usually the same peeps there everyday. I have learned the names of a good chunk of them by introducing myself or just small talk. There are a few other girls there I'd like to meet. They are driven, focused and have awesome arms. I spin next to this one girl every Monday and she is a machine and I love it. I just am having a hard time saying something to her. I don't know why? intimidated? skerd?
I was going to say one day "Nice pants", OR "Oh my goodness that was a hard class" BUT then I felt like a donkey because those are closed questions and really doesn't get me anywhere!! LOL! I'm turning into a wiener.

It sounds bad but I want friends who inspire me or push me further. Is it bad to be picky? I've never had to "make" friends before because I've never been a new girl and I definitely am not a shy person BUT at 5am when peeps are generally crabs and barely awake. The last thing they want is a perkasauraus rex asking to be friends!! HAHAHAH!!

I had the most hilarious conversation with one of my friends who's job is in human resources and rocks any conversations.  
She said I should say "Hi, I'm having a hard time making friends! do you want to go for coffee" I almost DIED laughing. I would rather die than say that!!!!!! FOR THE LOVE!
"HI, I'm a stalker"!!!! HAHAHAH!!

So, I have a few friends who are keeping me accountable on this. I will say "Morning" OR  "HI" OR "Did you have a nice christmas" OR I dont know.......BAH! But I will talk to her. eeeeeeeekkkkk. Its so dumb.

Friend update : 10-4, over and out.



Here are a few shots of christmas.


Alrighty!! I gotta fly! Check my phone that has been dinging and pinging since I put it down early this am. School is done, laundry in, blog done and now it time for lunch. 
MMMmm.....lunch!

TTFN
Love love 
Jen









No comments:

Post a Comment