Monday, October 22, 2012

Perspective is good



I"ve been following a sister pair from biggest loser last season. Olivia Ward last seasons winner and her sister Hannah Curlee runner up. They are so awesome. Yes, they have lost a ton of weight like over 150lbs each and have kept it off BUT the best part it they are REAL.

I like real. No point in going through life with your fingers in your ears saying "lalalalalahhaah" I'm not dealing with anything therefore everything is "wonderful" in my world. Phhhfffftttt......

They have openly struggled with their weight since being off of the show 20lbs here and there BUT I really is refreshing that its not always easy to say NO to temptation. Oh man.

I feel the same. I've been the same weight (within a 5lbs) for a good 6 months now and can honestly say just now I'm "STARTING" to feel like "OK, this is the new me"

It is so bizarre. I have been able to splurge everyday, and pretty much live a normal life eating well with splurges. Now, my splurges aren't a plate of FULL LOADED nachos at 10pm. Its a couple handfuls of nacho chips and salsa. So good.

Choices.

They really talk about that often because it really is ONE choice. One good choice at a time ONE day at a time.

Also, they have pictures everywhere of themselves to remind them of how far they have come and how hard they have worked. I haven't done that. Maybe that is why my mind hasn't quite caught up to my new size? I dunno...still a transition.

So, the fact that the anniversary of me STARTING to get into shape is looming. I'd thought I'd post some before and NOW pictures.

I need perspective. I don't ever want to forget how far I've come. Also remembering there is NO finish line. I just want to feel healthy and fit. Numbers I've learned don't mean much when your at your goal weight. YES, as your losing weight BUT now that I've pretty much stabilized normally my weight naturally THIS IS IT. I can chill. Live life.

The scale shouldn't determine how you feel for that day.
Truthfully, MANY times it used to for me and even now some days.;(

I've learned my lesson.

Before 214lbs, Currently 160/165lbs



Nice to see the change in pictures. When your mind isn't quite there. Motivation to keep on fueling your body properly and taking care of it. Plain and simple. Motivation is good when you wanna just throw in the towel.

I just noticed I look mad in the last photo.? Not sure why? Just listened to Jillians new pod cast and I was mad at myself for not pushing myself to find new fitness goal to attain. *sigh* Perspective. At almost 9pm at night as I write this SO tired from the day. Meh, tomorrow is a new day. New day to sit down and think about goal. Not a big deal in Real life. ;)

I'll leave you with my new favorite quote "If it is that important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse"

*sigh* So much to ponder.
I'm tired though....Zzzzzz

Oh right,a few peeps have asked If I could post what I'm currently doing for exercise and food. Here goes:

- running 1-2 times a week (5km so roughly 30 minutes), Insanity 2 times a week (30/40 minute workouts)
- I work out when I get a second. So, after I drop off Soph at school, put Hope down for a nap. Grace and I workout :). BUT more times then not its at 8-9pm. Pretty normal. Hubs is working crazy hours so the day gets jam packed.  I forget about my laundry pile and do something for myself 1st :)

- Food, simple. Breakfast -  EVERYDAY 2 fried eggs on a piece of squirrel bread and ketchup :), lunch -  usually left over dinner and a Greek salad (I'm obsessed), Dinner - normal dinner, chicken boob, potatoes and a salad. or whatever i make. Just not a huge portion.

 TON of water

- snacks, sunflower seeds, plain que pasa nacho chips and salsa, cool whip and pudding, cheese/crackers and meat, yogurt, frozen berries.

- My new fav tip from Bob Harper is GO TO BED HUNGRY~!!!!!! I love it :)


Night all
LOVE LOVE
Jen



1 comment:

  1. Jen!! I just went back to your post in the beginning of this year when we were just beginning to blog, "And the Fur Flew." So funny, can you believe it was in February we went to the Eatery? What the? How many months ago was that or should I ask you how many pounds ago was that? My goodness, how the fur sure did flew.

    ReplyDelete