When I was pregnant with Sophie I started to journal. I wrote all about my pregnancy and took pictures each week.
When she was born I continued this journal every few weeks or so. I'd just write down a few things, usually before bed of what she is doing right now.
This has been an incredible resource to me and countless friends to try to "remember" back on what/where? what age they should be starting certain things, or they will ask me what I did?
How the heck can I remember something 2 years ago? I can barely remember last week!!
I've done this journal for Grace and now with Hope. Its because of this journal that I can look back at the 7 month mark of each of my girls and see where they were. I can then compare to where Hope is and remember what the next stage is.
Being a first born child my mom wrote in great detail about me. Just for a few months BUT oh, how I love going over those details NOW! I'm so thankful she did that. Even just for a few months.
So even though some nights I just want to go to sleep I take the 2 minutes and write about Hope, what the girls are up to and how the day was. I know in 20 years we will be having MANY laughs about this journal. AND what a cool keepsake it will be when my girls start having babies......eeeeeeeppp!
Lord help us all.
Lord help us all.
Do you journal? I'm finding especially in this day and age (what am I 90?) that no one PHYSICALLY writes anymore? when was the last time you wrote something that wasn't a LIST? or a birthday card? Think about it........
I betcha if you take the time to write someone a handwritten note it would just make their day!!
I betcha if you take the time to write someone a handwritten note it would just make their day!!
Enjoy the day
LOVE LOVE
Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment